We are very excited to announce our new bonus program for 2013. We tried to design a program that offers the maximum benefit for all our single-pull towable drivers, whether they are new additions to the Foremost family or seasoned veterans. The bonus is designed to place all $2,000 of bonus money within reach of all our single-pull towable drivers, and to pay that money out as soon as reasonable after it is earned.We call it the:
Why is Foremost’s “$2,000 Better Bonus” better?
Foremost Transport, Inc. values all of our drivers. When we set up the $2,000
Better Bonus, we decided it had to be four things:
- There had to be a middle ground. We wanted to be certain that, even if a driver has a bad month or starts a little late in the spring, he or she can earn a significant portion of the total bonus.
- It had to be attainable. We did not want to have a bonus that couldn’t be earned by all of our hard working drivers.
- It had to pay out quickly. We wanted our drivers to actually get the money they earn as little as a week or two after they earn it.
- It had to benefit all our towable single pull drivers. We are not the type of company that is going to pile cash on new drivers while ignoring those who have worked hard with us for years.
Who is eligible for the “$2,000 Better Bonus?”
All Owner/Operators (either new or who have been with us for a long time) of ¾-ton or larger pickups who are leased onto the single-pull towable division of Foremost Transport, Inc. during the January, February, March, and/or April of 2013 are eligible to earn part or all of the $2,000 Better Bonus.
So, how much of the bonus do I earn and when do I get it?
There are five parts of the bonus, and each is separate from the rest. Failing to earn one part of the bonus does not necessarily disqualify you from the rest. The schedule is:
- For running 4,000 loaded miles in January 2013, we pay you $200 around Feb. 8, 2013
- For running 7,500 loaded miles in February, 2013, we pay you $350 around March 8, 2013
- For running 7,500 loaded miles in March, 2013, we pay you $350 around April 15, 2013
- For running 7,500 loaded miles in April, 2013, we pay you $350 around May 10, 2013
- For running 25,000 loaded miles between January 1, 2013, and April, 31, 2013, we pay you $750 around May 10, 2013.
That pay schedule seems complicated.
It is not as bad as it seems. Here are some examples below to help you sort it out.
Let’s say that Timmy Towman logs the following:
Timmy earned the total bonus for his hard work! And the great part is, he was paid for parts of the bonus in February, March, April, and May!
Now, let’s look at Danny Driver, who didn’t get started until the middle of January:
Danny didn’t make his goal in January, but still met the other four goals. He ended up with a cool $1,800 in bonus monies!
Finally, let’s look at Freddy Fifthwheel, who didn’t really get started until the first of March:
Freddy ran hard for two months and, despite missing half the bonus period, still earned an extra $700. Wish he would have signed on a little earlier.
So how do I get paid?
We will place the money on your ComData card, usually within a week or two of month end. If you have not met your bond requirement yet, we will place up to half of that month’s bonus payment into your bond account until you reach your goal.
This seems too good to be true…what’s the catch?
The “catch” is Foremost expects its drivers to run safe and legal because, let's be honest, tickets and accidents are bad for us and for our drivers. A chargeable incident or bad DOT stop may disqualify the driver from that particular bonus period. A pending claim may delay payment until it is determined whose fault it was. That’s about it.
Sounds pretty good. Now what?
- You can apply to be a Foremost Subcontractor at our online application.
- If pen and paper is more your style, download and print a Foremost application that you can email, mail, or fax to us here.
- Still have questions? Ask it in the comments section below this post, have a look at our truck requirements, or call one of our great recruiters at 1-866-764-1601.